Hi, I'm back... I'm got cold for three days because in my city the rain begin to fell this month. OK, I want to write about how to disable Windows XP's ZIP function and I know that's a great software which has provides by Microsoft but as you know, we have some complaints for XP's ZIP function. Finally, we have to turn to 3rd party software again.

And you can find many ZIP softwares out there, such as WinZip, WinRAR, etc. So if you already install 3rd party software, I suggest to you to disable the Windows XP's ZIP function.
To disable it is very easy, just open Start - Run menu, type regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll then hit Enter key. Don't forget to restart the computer for apply it.
To re-enable it you can do it with the same way but without /u parameter, so you type regsvr32 zipfldr.dll then hit Enter. And then restart your computer to bringing the built-in ZIP function back.

0 comments