Monitor Your Mac Healthy

Posted by EdSto | 1:15 AM | | 0 comments »

Usually, I restart my Macbook once in 7 days. And since I use it for my activity as a computer programmer, I often got my Macbook has temperature at 176°F (or 80°C). And I worried about my proccessor heat and all components inside my Macbook. And I always want to monitor them.
And I found a great tool to monitor them.

The tool calls iStat menus and it's free!
To install it, just download it first then double click the downloaded file and follow the instruction (take about 4-5 steps) and iStat will located on menubar/menulet. You can configure it in Mac OS Preferences menu.
iStat can monitors these items :
CPU usage.
7 display modes, multiple core support. Memory usage.
4 display modes, page ins/outs and swap usage display.
Disks usage and activity.
6 display modes and the ability to hide disks you don't want to see.
Monitor networking.
Current and total bandwidth, peak bandwidth and IP addresses.
Temperatures.
Monitor the temperature of your Mac with 2 display modes and the ability to hide sensors you don't want to see.
Fans.
Monitor the fan speeds in your Mac. 2 display modes and the ability to hide sensors you don't want to see.
Bluetooth.
Control bluetooth status plus monitor the battery level of your Apple wireless keyboard or mouse.
Date & Time.
Date, time a calendar and a world clock in your menubar.

That's great for a freeware.

0 comments