Show The Hidden Uninstaller

Posted by EdSto | 10:28 PM | | 0 comments »

Yesterday, I want to uninstall Pinball game from my Windows XP. But when I was check in Control Panel | Add/Remove Program | Add/Remove Windows Components, I couldn't find Pinball uninstaller there. And I think to delete its .exe file directly. And suddenly, I remember a trick that I read a month ago. And I had using that trick and I successfully to show Pinball uninstaller.

The core of trick just modifies a file that calls SYSOC.INF that located in C:\Windows\INF. In my case, I want to uninstall Pinball game but you can apply this trick to others hidden uninstaller too.

OK, to start this trick, open your INF folder by click Start - Run menu, type %systemroot%\inf then press Enter (you can open it with Windows Explorer too, just pointing your cursor to your Windows Folder then double click INF folder inside it). And if you've in INF folder, find SYSOC.INF file then double click the file to open it. By default, INF files will opened by Notepad.
SYSOC.INF file is contains Windows Component uninstaller string. To show Pinbal for example, find line Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7. Then to show Pinball in Add/Remove Windows Components remove word HIDE in that line. And the result be Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7. Then save the changes and close Notepad.
Open Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components then find your previously hidden Windows Components and you should find it is already in there. (In my case, I click Accessories - Games and Pinball is already in there)
And don't forget you can also apply this trick to others hidden uninstaller of Windows Components.

0 comments